DataStore allows you to share data between entities.
- A datastore can save data by subscribing to entities, such as control panels and popup forms.
- Entities, such as models, can fetch data by subscribing to the data store.
💡 The entities interacting with the data store can either be in the same from or can be in different frames.
DataStore you can,
- Create multi step forms to guide users through a series of control panels.
- Save inputs from the pop-up form to the datastore by subscribing the
- Transfer data between different control panels by configuring subsciptions betwen the datastore and the control panels.
❗ To use values from the
DataStore to run the
Model, the initial values for all the model inputs should be defined in the datastore. If you have one or more control panels, then the initial values also have to be defined in those panels.
Below is the configuration example. (Note that some content has been omitted.)
my-data-store: kind: DataStore value: my-input-1: 10 my-input-2: 20 my-input-3: 30 subscribe: # OPTIONAL - kind: ControlPanel frame: my-home-frame source: my-control-panel
See the dataStoreConfig schema docs for more information.